1. LONG the week of 3.24.03 at $13.50 with a stop at $6.82. Traded all the way up to $139.50 the first week of February 2006, then quickly crashed down and through my $96.24 stop the week of 2.21.06. Gain of 602.3%
2. Reversed to SHORT the week of 2.21.06 at $94.81 with a $132.27 stop. Dropped down to $85.63 a couple of weeks later, then got right back on the elevator to the top floor, tripping my $121.73 stop the week of 4.24.06. Loss of -34.0%
3. Reversed to LONG the week of 4.24.06 at $127.00 with an $89.02 stop. Bounced around $115 for the next three months before moving down a couple of steps to the $95 range, and then finally below my $94.82 stop the week of 8.21.06. Loss of -27.5%
4. Reversed to SHORT the week of 8.21.06 at $92.10 with a stop set at $123.34. Traded as low $86.20 the second week of January 2007, then took off on a good earnings report, jumping past my $109.34 stop the week of 1.29.07. Loss of -26.8%
5. Reversed to LONG the week of 1.29.07 at $116.77 with a $91.97 stop. Wasted no time at all trading up to $150, then $200, and then $300, eventually reaching a high of $359.59 the week of 12.10.07. It traded down over the next couple of months before rallying back almost to its high again at $357.98 in early April, then completely ran out of gas and fell below my $282.24 stop the week of 6.23.08. Gain of 130.9%
6. Reversed to SHORT the week of 6.23.08 at $269.59 with a $338.79 stop. Held its ground through September, hanging around $300, then just collapsed in October as the financial crisis reached a fever pitch, bottoming out at $84.86 the week of 3.2.09. From there it recovered in a big hurry, reaching my $135.84 stop the week of 4.20.09. Gain of 44.3%
7. Reversed to LONG the week of 4.20.09 at $150.24 with a stop placed all the way back at $98.60. High volatility = wide stops. Traded sideways for a couple of months over the summer, then took off in the fall, trading all the way up to a nose-bleeding price of $393.92 the week of 4.12.10. Then it simply retraced its steps through the summer and fall, finally crashing below my $291.27 stop the week of 8.23.10. Gain of 81.8%
8. Reversed to SHORT the week of 8.23.10 at $273.07 with a $351.99 stop. Gradually traded down to $246.05 by the middle of November, then jumped back up above $280 as earnings approached in January. I had a very bad feeling about being short going into earnings, but I stayed in the trade... and (surprise!) watched the stock fly past my $299.98 stop on a great earnings report the week of 1.18.11. Loss of -19.6%
9. Reversed to LONG the week of 1.18.11 at $326.58 with a stop at $259.28. Traded up to $346.79 within a month, but has slowly worked its way downwards since, closing last week at $316.90. The stop has moved up to $290.45. Loss of -3.0%
Winning Trades: 4 | 44.4% | $119.08/share avg.
Losing Trades: 5 | 55.6% | -$30.99/share avg.
Average Trade: Gain of 83.2% | $35.71/share