1. LONG the week of 6.2.03 at $22.41 with an $18.68 stop. Traded up to $23.79 three weeks later, then slightly down and sideways between $19-21 for the rest of the summer, slipping just below my $19.27 stop the week of 9.22.03. Loss of -14.2%
2. Reversed to SHORT the week of 9.22.03 at $19.23 with an $23.06 stop. Traded down slightly to $18.93 the following week, but there was still no trend in place, so it didn't take long to move back up and through my $22.75 stop the week of 12.1.03. Loss of -28.5%
3. Reversed to LONG the week of 12.1.03 at $24.72 with a $20.73 stop. Traded as high as $46.61 the week of 1.17.06, but ran out of gas and bounced around sideways over the next five months before dropping below my $37.96 stop the week of 6.5.06. Gain of 51.8%
4. Reversed to SHORT the week of 6.5.06 at $37.52 with a $46.18 stop. Traded as low as $31.84 the week of 10.2.06, then slowly back up in small steps, tripping my $37.18 stop the week of 4.16.07. Gain of 0.7%
5. Reversed to LONG the week of 4.16.07 at $37.27 with a $33.42 stop. Traded sideways in a tight $35-40 range for the rest of 2007, then finally took off in early 2008, trading as high as $73.40 the week of 6.16.08. But as we all know, the financial crisis was just beginning to pick up speed, and this stock felt the effects sooner than many others, dropping like a rock and triggering my $51.71 stop the week of 7.28.08. Gain of 38.7%
6. Reversed to SHORT the week of 7.28.08 at $51.71 with a $68.85 stop. Traded as low as $15.21 the week of 3.2.09, then recovered and actually rebounded very quickly, hitting my $26.65 stop the week of 4.20.09. Gain of 48.4%
7. Reversed to LONG the week of 4.20.09 at $26.67 with an $16.07 stop. Traded as high as $117.95 the week of 2.28.11, and has pulled back only slightly since, closing last week at $107.80 with a $98.75 stop. Gain of 304.2%
Winning Trades: 5 | 71.4% | $26.73 avg.
Losing Trades: 2 | 28.6% | -$4.34 avg.