1. LONG the week of 9.2.03 at $9.69 with a $7.01 stop. Traded up to $14.29 the last week of January 2004, then edged down and slipped just below my $10.99 stop the week of 3.8.04. Gain of 13.0%
2. Reversed to SHORT the week of 3.8.04 at $10.95 with a stop at $14.15. Slowly drifted down to $9.80 by the middle of May, then moved sideways in a very tight $11-13 range for the rest of the summer, and finally climbed up past my $13.98 stop the week of 9.27.04. Loss of -37.7%
3. Reversed to LONG the week of 9.27.04 at $15.08 with $11.52 for a stop. Traded up to $20 quickly, then leveled off and spent 2005 stuck in a $20-25 range. It picked up again in early 2006, ending the year around $40 and eventually reached a high of $47.77 the week of 2.20.07. From there, with such low volatility, it didn't take much of a pullback to trigger my $39.41 stop the week of 5.21.07. Gain of 151.0%
4. Reversed to SHORT the week of 5.21.07 at $37.85 with a $45.91 stop. Continued to trade sideways all the way into late summer 2008, and then the financial crisis took over, driving the stock down to a low of $14.38 the week of 11.17. 08. It had bounced back up to $20 by the end of December, and then up and over my $23.28 stop the week of 4.6.09. Gain of 37.6%
5. Reversed to LONG the week of 4.6.09 at $23.62 with a $16.25 stop. Traded up steadily for the rest of 2009, ending the year around $45, and kept on moving all the way through 2010, eventually reaching $78.69 just two weeks ago. It backed off a little last week to $74.19, but it looks like it will close this week at a new high around $80. The stop is $67.18. Gain of 214.1%
Winning Trades: 4 | 80.0% | $22.21/share avg.
Losing Trades: 1 | 20.0% | -$4.13/share avg.
Average Trade: Gain of 75.6% | $16.94/share