1. LONG the week of 1.5.04 at $16.21 with a $13.67 stop. Traded sideways for most of 2004 before picking up steam late in the year, eventually trading as high as $73.82 the week of 5.8.06. But from there it took a nosedive, quickly triggering my $55.11 stop the week of 7.17.06. Gain of 222.5%
2. Reversed to SHORT the week of 7.17.06 at $52.27 with a stop at $69.22. Traded as low as $47.02 the week of 10.2.06, but gradually worked its way back up to my $62.85 stop the week of 12.11.06. Loss of -21.7%
3. Reversed to LONG the week of 12.11.06 at $63.59 with a $50.79 stop. Again it traded sideways for several months before taking off in late April, trading as high as $122.13 the week of 5.19.08. Of course, right around then is when the financial crisis began heating up, and eventually that drove the stock below my $90.80 stop the week of 9.2.08. Gain of 40.6%
4. Reversed to SHORT the week of 9.2.08 at $89.39 with a $114.14 stop. Traded all the way down to $46.42 in the second week of January 2009, then rebounded just a little, trading in a $55-60 range through April, before finally surging up and through my $69.91 stop the week of 5.4.09. Gain of 19.1%
5. Reversed to LONG the week of 5.4.09 at $72.30 with a $51.34 stop. Traded as high as $102.76 the week of 10.26.09, but ran out of gas and sputtered past my $84.91 stop the week of 3.15.10. Gain of 13.1%
6. Reversed to SHORT the week of 3.15.10 at $81.75 with a $97.85 stop. Traded as low as $53.92 the week of 6.7.10, when a lot of oil stocks were taking an absolute beating from the BP disaster, and it actually took quite a while for Diamond Offshore to recover, finally tripping my $69.94 stop the week of 1.3.11. Gain of 13.7%
7. Reversed to LONG the week of 1.13.11 at $70.57 with a $57.65 stop. Traded as high as $80.15 the week of 2.28.11, but backed off a little the following week, closing at $74.11. The stop has moved up to $65.01. Gain of 5.0%
Winning Trades: 6 | 85.7% | $17.19 avg.
Losing Trades: 1 | 14.3% | -$11.32 avg.